||Washington, DC Area (with possibility of telework)
||Commensurate with education and experience
Want to work with a small, well-established company where you can have a big impact? Solutions for Information Design (SOLID) seeks a .NET Web Application Developer to join our growing team. SOLID’s IT staff develop sophisticated web applications, websites, and databases to communicate the results of our social science research and analysis to large audiences.
The .NET Web Application Developer is responsible for developing, coding and maintaining custom web applications. The .NET Web Application Developer will join an agile team where your contributions will be immediately recognized, and you will have a major impact on highly visible projects. This position reports to the IT Team Lead, and must be a US Citizen.
Ideal candidates are creative, self-directed and passionate professionals who stay current on emerging technologies, have excellent programming and communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The .NET Web Application Developer must demonstrate effectiveness as a team player and possess strong attention to detail.
The Research Assistant will work as part of a research team on one or more projects. Job responsibilities may include:
- Perform user interface maintenance and development, including functional enhancements of our custom web applications
- Stay up-to-date with technologies and recommend innovative solutions
- Translate requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code
- Participate in Agile Scrum process. Collaborate with other members of the IT team
- Participate in quality assurance and testing activities
- Create project documents, test documents and perform testing of applications as needed
Additional duties may include administrative support tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Five (5+) years of web application development work experience, preferably experience with the federal government
- Proficient in .NET / C# environment and developing Model View Controller patterns, preferably .NET 4.6+
- Expertise (5+ years) in the following:
- Visual Studio 2012 or higher
- C# / MVC / Razor
- Entity Framework / LINQ
- Experience with PDF development
- Ability to produce valid, well-documented code
- Highly organized and independent, effective at multitasking, and able to interact with individuals from multiple disciplines
- Conceptual understanding of software development process
- Able to follow source control procedures and utilize Bitbucket as code repository
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- US Citizen
- Experience using T-SQL with an ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience with AWS server environment
- Experience with Machine Learning / AI technologies
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model, thus this position will be home based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.